Welcome to Skin School
Skincare Regime: The Essentials
If you’re new to skincare, it can be difficult to know how to properly start a routine that works for you - and stick with it.
With so many different types of products in-store, how can we pick what products will work for our specific skin type?
We're here to help! We'll take a deep dive into an effective 4-step routine you can start with, along with suggestions of TJC products that work for all skin types. A simple skincare routine should begin with the four following steps: Cleanser Serum Facial Oil Moisturiser
Firstly, you’ll want to know what your skin type is, so you can understand what products will work best with your skin.
- For dry skin: Try our Jojoba Bead Cleanser, which gently exfoliates without irritation.
- For oily skin: Try ourCitrus Gel Cleanser, which decongests the skin and controls oil production.
- For mature skin: Try our Activating Cleansing Oil, which gently nourishes the skin as you cleanse.
Cleansing is considered the first step in your skincare routine, as you'll usually cleanse in the shower. Cleansing will ensure your skin is primed and ready to properly absorb the rest of your skincare products.
Serums are lightweight, quick-absorbing products that contain a high concentration of active ingredients - which are ingredients that actually work to address and target certain skincare concerns.
If you have a skin concern - whether you want to reduce dark spots, dullness and ageing, or you want to better exfoliate and hydrate the skin, incorporating a serum in your daily skincare routine will be beneficial.
- For an age-defying serum: Try our Ultimate Serum, which is clinically-proven to outperform retinol and Vitamin C.
- For a probiotic-infused serum: Try our Jojoba Probiotic Milk, which rebalances the skin microbiome and alleviates redness and irritation.
- To specifically target the eyes: Try our Transformative Eye Serum, to instantly smooth skin around the eyes, keeping them bright and awake.
3. Facial Oil
After cleansing and applying a serum, a good facial oil will protect, repair and replenish your skin cells. Whether it be protecting your skin from dehydration or balancing your sebum levels, investing in a facial oil that leaves you feeling and looking great is a must!
For a great all-rounder: Try our Australian Jojoba! Sitting at the heart of our entire skincare range, our unscented Jojoba works wonders for the skin, keeping it nourished and soothed.
- To treat fine lines and wrinkles: Try our Ultimate Youth Potion, which visibly increases skin elasticity and firmness.
- To treat hyperpigmentation: Try our Pigmentation Oil, which visibly reduces pigmentation and dark spots, while evening out your skin tone.
- To soothe dry skin and target stretch marks or scars: Try our Jojoba and Rosehip Oil, a non-pore clogging oil that mixes our nutrient rich Jojoba with the added benefits of rosehip oil.
- For some calm: Try our Calming Jojoba, enriched with the calming scents of bisabolol, camellia, moringa, chamomile and lavender oils to soothe inflammation and calm redness.
- For a ceramide and peptide-rich moisturiser: Try our Hydrating Peptide Day Cream, which maintains skin hydration and works to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- For an age-defying moisturiser: Try our Ultimate Day Cream to firm and lift, and for added blue light protection.
- For a light, everyday moisturiser: Try our Daily Light Moisturiser to balance the t-zone, as well as cool and soften the skin.
- For a thicker, more protective moisturiser: Try our Multi Defence Moisturiser SPF15, which defends against pigmentation, UVA, UVB, infrared and bluelight.
- For a night cream that is age-defying: Try our Ultimate Night Cream, which visibly reduces wrinkles, enhances skin regeneration and improves skin texture.
- For a nourishing night cream for younger skin: Try our Overnight Renewal Cream which repairs and regenerates the skin while plumping and hydrating.
4. Moisturiser/Day Cream OR Night Cream
A moisturiser will be the last step of your skincare routine. When applying skincare, you want to apply the lightest products first, then the heaviest. Since your moisturiser is the heaviest product, you’ll apply it last to lock in the moisture from the other products.
Remember to also apply moisturiser to the décolletage and neck to keep the skin hydrated and soft.